Leadership begins in the head and heart. It is a way of thinking about yourself and the vital role you play in your early childhood program. This book dispels the myth that there is one best leadership style that all directors should emulate. It will help you understand the subtle but important distinction between leadership as a role and leadership as a set of skills and competencies that can be supported and nurtured at all levels of the organization. Filled with practical suggestions and lively examples from high-performing directors, you’ll learn how you can create and sustain a compelling vision for your center and lead your program with confidence and integrity.
Leadership in Action will help you…
- assess your unique leadership style
- understand the values and beliefs that shape your leadership behavior
- increase shared commitment to your center’s goals
- make action plans that get implemented
- instill leadership capacity at all levels of the organization
- solve organizational issues in a collegial and nonconfrontational way
- ensure a smooth transition for your successor
2014, soft cover, perfect bound, 120 pages, 7 x 10, ISBN: 978982708231
There are no reviews yet.